Saturday, May 26, 2012

Predicted Line-up USA v Scotland


So here’s my quasi-predicted line up. A mix of what I want and what I think it’ll end up being.


Tim Howard

Dolo – Bocanegra – Onyewu – Johnson

  Bradley – Jones – Torres

Donovan – Gomez

Wondo

I’ve heard talks a 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree formation, so that’s how I’m going to base my line up. Goodson, Parkhurst and Jozy, who's not actually officially eligible til the 28th, all just came in and we know that Dempsey is scrapped due to the groin issue he’s got going on. So none of them guys will probably feature in todays line up.

Moving on, I want to give Terrance “The Body” Boyd (announcer’s messed his last name up during Olympic qualifiers thought it was catchy) the start up top, but he hasn’t even made a start for his club squad, so I just couldn’t do it. I don’t believe that Wondo is best up top at the Int’l level but dude’s in crazy “MLS form” so we’ll see how that all shakes out.

Donovan’s a given, even after his recent lack of desire interview (shout to Grant Wahl)

Gomez play's out wide at times with Santos and can be a 2nd FWD and given what I just said about Boyd, the absences of Jozy/Clint, and with Corona just getting into the full Men’s squad I think Herc get’s the nod. 


* A litte more on Corona, I don't even know this kid's best position to be honest. Thought he was a winger for Tijuana then I see him in the middle for the U-23's, who knows? No really.. who knows? I'm trying to find out.

I think General Bradley is a given at this point.

Jones had a fantastic season in Germany and in Europe I give him the nod.

I know Torres isn’t a number 10, probably more of a deep-lying play maker, along the lines of a Pirlo. However, I do think that our second to last and last passes will come from him, so he get’s the start from me. (where the hell is our number 10's ?! Freddy, Mix, Benny, etc…? all in abstentia. step it up fellas)

Dolo and Carlos are both given’s and even though Cameron has “been impressing” in camp I think Gooch edges him out.

I actually wouldn’t mind letting Castillo have a go at left back. A bit weaker comp than Brazil, maybe get his confidence up, but that’s not what these games are for. As Jurgen has already said, so Johnson get’s the start.

Howard.


No comments:

Post a Comment