Saturday, September 8, 2012

No Words...


Well thankfully I didn’t have to watch the USMNT lose to Jamaica tonight. Fortunately, I was in Canada celebrating my cousin’s wedding… aka I was “riding round and gettin it” In the end I didn’t even need to see the game to know what the result was going to be.  At around 8 o clock I scooped a relatives phone for a quick peak at the starting lineups… Really? Are you kidding me? You didn’t start Bocanegra? The last/only guy on the current roster who’s actually played in Jamaica? Really? Are you kidding me? You really thought that putting Beckerman, Edu and Jones (all CDM) on at the same time was going to produce any type of offense?

Look, I respect Klinsman just as well as the next man. I appreciate his optimism and his attempt at change, blah blah blah. I like that he has a large influence in Europe and can help our players get trials, transfers and the like, but that will only get you so far in my book. There is absolutely NO, and I mean NO reason that we should have gone to Jamaica and not come away with at least a point. Ok, yea I get it we’re playing away. Clint Dempsey hasn’t played in like 3 months. We didn’t have Donovan or Bradley, but I MEAN!!!! Seriously bro??? I hate to even think about us not making it to the next round, but the fact that we couldn’t even come away with a stinking point from this match is extremely discouraging. I don’t want to call for Jürgen’s head or anything like that just yet, but he’s toeing the line awfully close. I just don’t get it.

I’m going to have to catch the replay on ESPN3 once I get back to the States just to see what exactly went wrong but… like I said from the starting line up sheet alone. I really don’t imagine seeing anything other that defensive non-attacking soccer. YOU CAN’T FIT A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE. PLAY THESE GUYS IN THEIR NATURAL POSITIONS AND GET THE FREAKIN POINTS!!!

Talk about a buzz kill… literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment